Ground-breaking Ceremony of Thai Binh Thermal Power Plant Project
In the morning of February 22, 2014, the Vietnam Electricity (EVN) in collaboration with Japanese contractor Marubeni held the Ground-breaking Ceremony of Thai Binh Thermal Power Plant Project in My Loc Commune, Thai Thuy District. Mr. Hoang Trung Hai, Deputy Prime Minister attended the ceremony.
EVN acts as the Employer of Thai Binh 1 Thermal Power Plant Project. With a capacity of 600MW, the project employs the conventional thermal power technology of condensation and steam boiler with subcritical parameters. Total investment of the project is VND 26.5 trillion, of which about 85% comes from the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)’s ODA loan and the remaining 15% is sourced from the EVN. In official operation, the Plant is scheduled to generate power of approximately 3.276 billion kWhs annually, contributing to supply electricity for the socio-economic development of Red River Delta region.
Bringing into play the highest supportive morale towards the project, Mr. Pham Van sinh, Chairman of Thai Binh Provincial People’s Committee asked departments concerned, the Party committees, governments and people within the project area to promptly solve arising difficulties and problems, actively cooperate to ensure security and order and facilitate the construction of contractors so that the project could early prove its effectiveness bringing practical benefits.
Deputy Prime Minister Hoang Trung Hai praised the employer, contractors, Party committees, governments and people within the project area who made great efforts to overcome all difficulties and prepare for the project to be started. Mr. Hai also requested the employer, contractors and relevant units to effectively mobilize forces and equipment for the construction, ensure a strict control of quality, meet the requirements of technical standards and put the project into operation safely on schedule. The first turbine is scheduled to generate power in the 4th Quarter of 2017, and the second at the end of 2nd Quarter of 2018. Accordingly, the project helps reduce the dependence of electrical system on hydropower resources, especially in dry seasons and exhausted years, and increase the safety, stability and economization for the operation of power systems